As of September 12, 2022, SIPOA implemented small changes to the trash, recycling, and yard debris collection procedures.
These changes are intended to make our collection process more effective and efficient by utilizing GIS and camera technology on the collection trucks and consolidating communication efforts.
These changes are highlighted below:
- All trash, recycling, and yard debris pickup comments and questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email will be monitored closely on collection days, and responses will be provided to all inquiries received by 4:00 pm on the collection day. Email is preferred over phone calls. Examples of what should be emailed include the following:
- New Trash and Recycle Cart Requests
- Missed Trash, Recycling, and Yard Debris Notifications
- All other questions related to Trash, Recycling, or Yard Debris collection
- Yard debris will be collected on Tuesdays rather than Mondays. Trash and Recycling will remain on regular collection schedules.
- Regime properties that currently receive back-door trash service will also receive back-door recycling service beginning on September 12th. The recycle cart should be stored with the trash cart, and owners will no longer need to place recyclables at the curb.
- Name, Property Address, and Phone Number