May Fitness Schedule
May Social Events
June Fitness Schedule
Lake House Fitness Class Cancellations
- No cancellations at this time.
Lake House Fitness Class Changes
- Splashers and Water Aerobics will move to the Lake House OUTDOOR POOL beginning Monday, June 5th. The Lake House Outdoor Pool will open at 9:15am Monday – Friday following the conclusion of the water classes. Please note, water classes will move to the Lake House Indoor Pool during inclement weather.
- Class Time Change – Pilates on Wednesdays will move back to beginning at 12:00pm. PILATES is a system of strengthening and stretching exercises designed to develop the body’s core, mobilize the spine and build flexibility. Join Alison Standard on Wednesdays at 12:00pm for Pilates!
- Class Day and Time Change – Barre Fusion moved to Thursdays at 1:05pm. BARRE FUSION incorporates Barre, Pilates, and Resistance training complimented by total body stretching. Core, upper, and lower body muscle groups are worked to tone muscle, improve flexibility, and balance, and align posture while sculpting long and lean muscles. Join Alison Standard on Thursdays at 1:05pm for Barre Fusion in April!
- NEW Class Addition – Vinyasa Flow Yoga | Beginning May 4th VINYASA FLOW YOGA, an introduction to (or for some, a deep dive into) Vinyasa Flow yoga, which emphasizes a sequential movement between postures coordinated with, and guided by, deliberate breath. The vinyasa practice becomes a moving meditation that creates strength, freedom and fluidity for the body and mind. Join Daryle Baldwin on Thursdays at 8:45am for this awesome class beginning May 4th!
Introducing New Lake House Yoga Instructor: Daryle Corinne Baldwin
Daryle Corinne Baldwin is a RYT-200 Yoga Alliance certified Yoga Instructor who teaches Vinyasa Flow classes weekly at the Lake House, as well as instructing private clients and semi-private classes tailored toward golf and tennis enhancement. Dayle will help you balance and strengthen your body and core, while opening your hips, hamstrings and shoulders.
Daryle found yoga in her 20’s, where she used the practice to enhance her own golf and tennis matches, and balance out high-intensity sports. As she says, “There is nothing like yoga, as it works all of the muscle groups while clearing the chatter of the mind.”
In 2022, Daryle made the permanent move from California to Seabrook Island, where she relishes the lovely Lowcountry environment, not to mention the wonderful people. She takes daily walks on the beach with her Vizsla dog, Scarlet, swims and plays golf as often as possible, and loves tennis (and pickle ball).
- Click here for Daryle’s Eagle Pose tutorial.
- Click here for Daryle’s Thread-the-needle tutorial.
- Click here for Daryle’s Plank & Grounded Twist tutorial.
- Click here for Daryle’s poses for External Rotation tutorial.
Daryle will be teaching the brand-new Vinyasa Flow Yoga on Thursday mornings at 8:45am. Daryle will also be offering 2 upcoming workshops in May, and introducing new semi-private series classes designed for golfers and tennis players. Check out her workshop offerings here.
Introducing New Lake House Personal Trainer: Stephen Flam
Stephen Flam offers a sports-specific interest in stretching and mobility. Combining exercise science and massage therapy together with over 2 decades of experience, Stephen finds himself very comfortable working in the rehabilitation setting with special populations and well as athletes.
Stephen served as the U.S. Team Massage Therapist in Athens, Greece at the 2004 Mixed Martial Arts Cup. He has an extensive background in exercise science and is nationally certified. Stephen Flam will help members with one-on-one training to support others experience the impact stretching can do for one’s mobility and range-of-motion, keeping the muscles flexible, strong and healthy.
- Check out this introduction to Stephen here, and stay tuned for what’s to come from him at the Lake House.
To sign up:
- Open the text feature on your phone
- Initiate a text to the number 84483
- Text “seabrooklakehouse” into the message box (All lowercase, all one word)
- Press Send
You will instantly receive a return text like this:
If at any time you wish to discontinue the service, or even stop it temporarily, simply respond STOP to any text alert from the Lake House that you have received.
Please note that you can’t individualize the text messages you receive. In other words, you will receive all Lake House notifications, not just for a particular class or event.
Standard text message charges may apply from your wireless provider, depending on your text message plan.
Amenity Cards are REQUIRED for access to the Lake House. Please remember to bring your amenity card with you.
Please wipe machines and equipment down after use. The screens on the Peloton bikes if directly sprayed will cause damage and stop working. Sanitizing wipe dispensers are located throughout the Fitness Center.