A copy of the Seabrook Island Property Owners Association (SIPOA) Rental Policies, Procedures & Guidelines can be found here. This document has important information and must be followed.
Section 2 | Gate Pass System Account & Rental Registration
§ 2.2 Rental Registration Required per SIPOA Rental Policies, Procedures & Guidelines – All Property Owners who rent their Properties as either Long-Term Rentals or Short-Term Rentals must register their Property with the SIPOA Annual Rental Registry prior to the first rental. This allows SIPOA to enter information on the Property, Town business licensing, property management company, and/or VRBO into the Gate Pass System so Renter reservations can be uploaded or manually entered into the system. If a Property is used for rental and is sold or transferred to a new Property Owner who intends to rent the Property, that new Property Owner must submit new rental information to SIPOA prior to the first rental event. Registration is at no cost to the Property Owner.
WHY DO I NEED TO REGISTER?
The purpose of the Rental Registry is to provide SIPOA with enough information to expeditiously contact the Property Owner, rental management company, or both regarding any incident if a Sherriff’s Deputy or SIPOA Officer is summoned to a Property. It is also the validating process for situations where Property Owners allow other persons or companies to manage the Property on their behalf.
WHO NEEDS TO REGISTER?
Rental Management Companies and Property Owners (VRBO or similar) who Self-Manage.
More information on Section 2 regarding the Gate Pass System Account & Rental Registration can be found here.
When registering, the Community Code is SIPOA2022.
A video tutorial for registering a rental property can be viewed here.
As a Rental Management Company or Self-Managed Property Owner, what steps do I need to take?
- Each rental property must be registered with Seabrook Island POA. Registrations are valid from January 1st through December 31st of each year.
- This is a new system, so unless you have already registered with SymLiv’s Community Access Management Software (CAMS), a new account must be created. Use Community Code: SIPOA2022.
- Please check your junk mail folder if you did not receive an approval or rejection email. If a rejection is received, you can log in and edit your rentals. You do not have to start over again.
- For questions regarding your rental property at Seabrook Island, please contact our Communications Administrator, Rhiannon Schalaudek, at (843) 725-1563 or email@example.com.
- If you are a Rental Management Company and manage more than 10 properties, please email Rhiannon Schalaudek at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a spreadsheet to add all the properties that SymLiv can upload to the system for you.
- All rental hosts are required to send their guests a confirmation email with SIPOA-approved verbiage on what to expect from you as a host. We want to make sure that gate entry is as smooth as possible. Knowing what to expect before entering the gate is crucial! Click here for SIPOA-approved confirmation email verbiage.
If you have already registered with SymLiv, log in below.
SIPOA RENTER GATE ACCESS PASS FEES
Renter Gate Access Pass fees are paid by the Rental Management Company or Self-Managed Property Owner for each vehicle Gate Pass issued per rental booking according to the schedule below. Refer to Section 3.2.3 of the “SIPOA Rental Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines” for further information.
|TYPE OF RENTAL||NIGHTS BOOKED||COST PER VEHICLE|
|Short-Term Rentals||1 – 179 Nights||$40.00 Per Vehicle Pass|
|Long-Term Rentals||180 – 365 Nights||$200.00 Per Vehicle Pass|
All Rental Guests should go to 1900 Seabrook Island Road to obtain their Gate Pass using the system-automated QR code from SymLiv. If the Gate Pass location is closed, they will proceed to the Main Gate.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Summer Season (Memorial Day – Labor Day):
Sunday – Friday | 6:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday | 6:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Off-Season (the day after Labor Day until Memorial Day):
Monday – Saturday | 6:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.