Special Interest Groups – Master List
Seabrook Island Artist Guild
The Seabrook Island Artist Guild comprises over 100 members from Seabrook Island, Kiawah Island and Johns Island. Our members enjoy the beauty that surrounds us every day as well as learning from professional artist and each other, or simply enjoying our members’ artistic creations. Artists in the Guild use a variety of media to create their works including oils, acrylics, watercolor, sculpture, weaving and more, as well as artistic crafts.
The purpose of the Guild is to stimulate the creativity of its members by providing opportunities to learn, exhibit their art and collaborate regularly with other artists at monthly meetings, demonstrations, classes, art shows and workshops. We also encourage interest in art within the community through outreach and local exhibitions, acquainting the public with the work of our members, and supporting local art school programs.
Contact: Lee Fritz, Membership Vice President email@example.com, or Patrick Connelly, President firstname.lastname@example.org
- Memorial Day Art & Craft Show | Sunday, May 28th, the Seabrook Island Artist Guild will hold an indoor Art and Craft Show in Live Oak Hall at the Lake House from 11:00am – 4:00pm. Many of the most talented artists and artisans will be showing multiple mediums such as: oils, watercolor, pastel, mixed medium, fiber, paper, alcohol inks and much more! All items are for sale and donations will be made to the St. John’s High School art department. Come celebrate Memorial Day with a stroll through the show. It will surely stir your imagination to create!
- June Artist of the Month | Danielle Paterson – Click here for bio.
- Danielle Paterson, Artist of the Month, Reception is on Monday, June 5th at the Lake House from 4:30pm – 6:00pm
Seabrook Island Garden Club
The objectives of the Seabrook Island Garden Club are to promote among its members and the community, an active, personal interest in horticulture and artistic design, as well as community beautification and ecology. The club supports educational outreach programs in the field of horticulture by way of scholarships and donations to various philanthropic endeavors. The Garden Club’s programs, events and special projects keep our members engaged through speakers, workshops, field trips and community events.
No green thumb needed to join! Let’s talk some dirt!
Contact: Karen Nuttall, President email@example.com
- Seabrook Island Garden Club’s annual July 4th Patriotic Mailbox Decorating Contest! | Come on and join the fun! Show your patriotic spirit and DECORATE YOUR MAILBOX in red, white and blue, and everything you love about our country. Help us show our American pride, Seabrook style!
- PRIZE: The coveted “Most Patriotic Mailbox” Blue Ribbon Award! Flags are waving, and our pride is high, decorate your mailbox for the 4th of July!
- How to Enter & Contest Details:
- Please send your name and address only to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contest will be limited to the first 25 registrants, so don’t wait to email us to enter the contest.
- Deadline to register is Saturday, July 1st.
- Judging starts at 1:00pm on Saturday, July 1st. Winner will be announced on Sunday, July 2nd.
- This contest is open to all Seabrook Island Residents. Have fun and good luck!
SIPOA Community Garden
If you are a Property Owner on Seabrook Island and are interested in gardening at the SIPOA Community Gardens, please contact the 2023 co-managers listed below:
Valerie Doane, email@example.com, (843)901-3336 or Cat Russo, firstname.lastname@example.org, (571) 332-9279
Seabrook Island Natural History Group (SINHG)
The Seabrook Island Natural History Group is one of the island’s oldest and largest special interest groups dedicated to exploring the ecology, history, and culture of the Carolina Lowcountry. We offer an annual schedule of educational SINHG trips for members as well as six evening programs for the general public.
Seabrook Island Photography Club
Our mission is to encourage and enhance photography on Seabrook Island.
Our meetings are on the third Thursday evening of each month except July and August, at The Lake House from 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm. Our programs include meeting presentations from professional photographers, member image sharing, field trips, The Lake House wall hanging, photo seminars, and links to participate in photography shows. Members include beginners through professional-level photographers.
Contact: Maureen Healy, 404-873-3022
Monday Morning Bridge
Everyone is welcome and you don’t need a partner. We meet from 9:30 am – 12:00 pm.
Contact: Ilse Calcagno email@example.com 843-768-0317
Seabrook Island 9 Ball League
Contact: Timothy Ely – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Genealogy Club (D.I.R.T. Digging Into Roots Together)
Our mission is to help people do family history research. We get together twice a month as genealogists to share ideas and learn new approaches to online and in-person research. It is about finding your family roots whether it is in the United States or overseas. Learn how to organize, how to digitize your photos and documents, and how to build your Family Tree. Whether you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced, you will learn something new at each meeting. We meet every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month from 1:30 – 3:30 pm, both at the Lakehouse Osprey 2 and virtually using zoom.
Contact: Lynn Baker, email@example.com, 845-242-2344.
Mah Jong Mavens
Our group plays American Mah Jong using the league cards. We meet every Tuesday from 1:00pm – 4:00pm at the Lake House. Ability levels vary and everyone is kind and helpful. There is no need to sign up, just show up, and groups are formed accordingly. There is a similar group that plays on Thursday, same time, same set-up. Masks are required.
Contact: Elaine Davis – firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-768-2643
Ladies Bible Study
Ladies Bible Study meets on Mondays, at 1:00 pm. All are welcome. For more information contact Lauren Sutton at email@example.com.
Men’s Bible Study
Seabrook Island Coin Club
- Meet on the third Tuesday of the month from 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm in Osprey 1 Room at Lake House
- All Are Welcome
- No Membership Fee
- Bring your collections (small or large) for a free appraisal
- DO NOT CLEAN YOUR COINS AS IT REDUCES THEIR VALUE
- For more information call 843-768-0575
Seabrook Island Stitchers
The Seabrook Island Stitchers meet on Mondays at 11:00 am in Osprey 2 at The Lake House.
- Contact: Regina Cariello firstname.lastname@example.org 843.737.5813
Seabrook Island Bridge Club at The Lakehouse
- Mondays 1:30 (arrive by 1:15 ) & Fridays 9:30 (arrive by 9:15)
- Bring a partner for a friendly game of duplicate at our ACBL sanctioned game or contact us below if you need a partner or have questions.
- Contact: Paul Corkish at email@example.com or (404) 432-6742.
Meet on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm in Osprey 1 at The Lake House. For more information, please contact Mariann at 808.333.6768.
Grief Support Group
Meets on the third Wednesday of the month. The next meeting is on Wednesday, June 21, 2023, at 4:30 pm in the Eagle’s Nest Studio at the Lake House. New members are always welcome to join. Participants in the group include but are not limited to those who have lost a spouse as well as those who have lost a child.
For more information, please contact Mary Fleck at firstname.lastname@example.org or 908-208-6640.