GET THE SCOOP
High Tides, Storm Surge, and Rain: A Discussion About Flooding
Monday, October 2nd
Oyster Catcher Community Center
Mark your calendars! Get the Scoop returns on Monday, October 2nd with a presentation about flooding. A perfect topic for this time of year.
Join your fellow property owners to hear Steve Hirsch, SIPOA Director of Engineering, talk about High Tides, Storm Surge, and Rain: A Discussion About Flooding at Oyster Catcher Community Center.
SOUTHERN DANCE PARTY
Saturday, October 7th
4:00pm – 5:30pm
Live Oak Hall
Filled with great music and lots of fun, we invite you to join us for another awesome Southern Dance Party!
Shag is the state dance of South Carolina. It’s so much fun and easy to learn.
Not sure how to shag dance, no problem! Denise Hull from Southern Dance Party will be on hand to show the basics of shaggin’ and other fun dances. Complimentary wine will be available.
Dust off your dancing shoes and get ready to show your moves!
Party starts at 4:00pm. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SURVIVING THE HOLIDAYS
Saturday, October 14, 2023
2:00pm – 4:00pm
Wondering how you will survive the weeks surrounding Thanksgiving and Christmas? Are you dreading these holidays knowing that everything has changed and that happy memories from past years can’t be recreated?
This seminar is especially for people who are grieving a loved one’s death. You’ll learn (1) How to deal with many emotions you’ll face during the holidays, (2) What to do about traditions and other coming changes, (3) Helpful tips for surviving social events and (4) How to discover hope for your future.
The event will last about two hours. You’ll be welcomed by warm, caring people who understand what you are going through and who want to help.
For more information, please email Andrea Daley at email@example.com.
Dogtober Pool Party Event Rules
- Swimming is for dogs only. Humans should not enter the pool past knee depth.
- All dogs must be current on the following vaccinations: rabies, distemper, parvo, and bordetella.
- Dog owners are responsible and liable for the behavior of their animal(s), and dogs must always remain under owner control.
- Prior to entering the pool area, please walk your dog to allow him/her to relieve themselves and be sure to pick up any waste.
- All dogs must be on the leash outside of the pool gates. Please remember that Palmetto Lake (behind the Lake House ) is home to alligators.
- Your dog may be released from their leash upon entering the pool gates.
- Be aware where you dog is at all times.
- All dogs should be socialized with other dogs and humans. Aggressive behavior is not permitted and will result in expulsion from the event.
- Be sure your dog has been exposed to swimming prior to the event.
- Female dogs in season are not allowed.
- Outside food and drink (dog and human) is not allowed in the pool.
- For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the Yappy Hour Halloween Pet Parade & Costume Contest, please email email@example.com.
For more information on Halloween Trunk or Treat, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.