My wife Lisa and I bought a cottage in Tarpon Pond in 2007 as a second home. In December 2017, we moved there full time. I served on the Board of the Tarpon Pond POA as Vice President for 8 years. Notable accomplishments include:
- Changed the policy of association – painting of cottage exteriors and returned control to homeowners; expanded color choices and established rules regarding painting frequency and paint quality.
- Funded $60k of unrestricted reserves with total reserve balances >$100k.
- Reviewed and revised regime Standards.
In 2018, we bought our current home on Loblolly Lane. Since July 31, 2019, I have been fully retired. In 2020, I was elected to the SIPOA Board of Directors, and was appointed Chair of the Long-Range Planning Committee and Vice Chair of the Safety and Security Committee. In 2021, I became SIPOA Vice President and in 2022, became President. I currently serve as a member of the Legal Committee, the Renew 50 Communications subcommittee, and as a member of the Town’s Public Safety Committee and Disaster Recovery Council. Notable accomplishments:
- Changed the format of the SIPOA Strategic Plan to make goals measurable.
- Developed the SIPOA “Rental Policies, Procedures and Guidelines” policy.
- Obtained property owner approval for a Covenant amendment strengthening SIPOA’s ability to enforce restrictions against Timeshares.
- Implemented a major upgrade to the “entry corridor” to Seabrook Island inside the gate.
- Sustained on-going fund reserves to pay for upcoming major capital projects.
- Deepened cooperative efforts with both SIC and TOSI.
Professional career highlights include:
- Business Management:
- Global Business VP at Atotech Corporation (a $1 billion global company), responsible for business / product strategy worldwide and global R&D activities.
- Regional VP, Americas for Atotech, full P&L responsibility for companies in the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Argentina – total revenues >$200 million with ~700 employees.
- VP Business Development at Xtalic Corporation; responsible for growing the company’s revenue from 0 to >$12 million.
- Industry Trade Associations – served as committee member, committee, chairman, Board member, Vice President and President. Played a key role in the merger of three separate associations into one (NASF)
- Vice President of NASF for the first 4 years of its existence.
- Was named as the sole recipient of NASF’s lifetime achievement award in 2008.
These experiences will enable meaningful contributions within SIPOA’s Policy based governance model. My community activities have given me a strong appreciation of the issues facing Seabrook Island. I have also developed a deep appreciation for the Seabrook Island volunteer community – people who contribute their time, energy and talents to the improvement of our community for the betterment of us all – often with little reward and no small amount of heartache. The Community’s priorities are well-articulated in the SIPOA Strategic Plan, and it is my hope to have that opportunity to help in bringing these plans into fruition.