SIPOA, Town, Club, Regime and County (Who does what?)

Fire/Rescue/Sheriff (Call 911 for all)

Power – Berkeley Electric (843-559-2458)

Water – Seabrook Island Utility Commission (843-768-0102)

Charleston County (843-958-4000)

  • Building Code Inspections
  • Dept of Health and Environmental Control permits and regulations
  • Dept of Natural Resources: Fish and Wildlife


Town of Seabrook Island (843-768-9121)

  • Zoning
  • Seabrook Island Utility Commission (water, sewer)
  • Business Licenses
  • Sign Ordinance
  • Parade/Fireworks Permits
  • Beach Patrol


SIPOA (843-768-0061)

  • Infrastructure and Maintenance
  • Garbage/Yard Debris/Recycling
  • Landscaping and lawn-mowing of common areas and road rights-of-way
  • Operation and maintenance of amenities:
  • The Lake House
  • Oyster Catcher Community Center and Property Owners’ Pool
  • Gatehouse
  • Beaches
  • Boardwalks
  • Trails
  • Lakes
  • Crab Dock/Kayak Launch
  • Bike Paths
  • Security
    • 24/7 Access Control
    • Patrols
    • Emergency Response
  • Architectural Review Committee
    • Review of plans: new construction
    • Review of plans: remodeling
    • Routine inspection of property
  • Communications
    • Seabrooker’s SIPOA Pages
    • Weekly Highlights E-blast
    • Website
    • Tidelines¬†community blog


Seabrook Island Club (843-768-2500)

  • Administration of operations, maintenance, repair, etc, related to:
    • Golf
    • Tennis
    • Equestrian
    • Restaurants
      • Island House
      • Beach Club
    • Seabrook Island Real Estate Company
  • Boat and RV Storage


Click here for regime contact information.

Seabrook Island has dozens of individual condo, villa and neighborhood regimes, each with their own Covenants and Bylaws that regulate items specific to their homeowners. Most maintain common area landscaping. Many are responsible for exterior maintenance of the buildings. All have their own assessments specific to their regimes to support these expenses. Many have independent Rules and Regulations for activities on their property, and some have private swimming pools. Contact your regime manager or regime Board members for more information.